• Year End Newsletter

    Dear Missionary Radio Family,

    December has arrived! That would qualify as a comment from Captain Obvious. One thing for sure, it’s an exciting time and as always, busy!

    The first thing I want to communicate is we are airing during our music segments, 100% Christ-centered Christmas music. We do this each year in order to bring focus to the Advent of our Lord and Savior. Music Director, Joe Barner, works hard to make sure the Missionary Radio library is filled with Christmas music that honors our Lord. You can listen on the frequency you normally listen to, your free app and online at www.missionary.radio. I encourage you to share it on social media so that others may listen too. Please make sure you give the frequency you listen to so they can listen clearly. In Hopkinsville/Fort Campbell/ Clarksville we are 89.3 FM, Madisonville at 91.7 FM and 91.7 HD1, all of Western, KY at 90.5 FM, Dickson, TN at 98.9 FM and for now in Murray at 92.1 FM and permanently at 90.5 FM and Providence at 101.7 FM for now and permanently at 91.7 FM.

    We have a year-end project that we are asking you to consider as you give. WNKJ 89.3 FM needs a new antenna. The antenna is bought, paid for and delivered. However, we need the necessary funds to install it. WAAJ 90.5 FM needs a new antenna. We have 80% of the funds to purchase it due to a generous gift, but we need the other 20% plus the funds to install it. In addition, to save money over the long haul, we need to purchase remote equipment to contact with all tower sites instead of paying costly phone lines as in the past. That price tag is $7,000. We have a goal of $22,000 for this yearend project. We are asking you to help. Send your gift to Missionary Radio, PO Box 1029, Hopkinsville, KY 42241 designated for antenna installation or go online with your credit or debit card to www.missionary.radio and click on donate and use Cornerstone Payment System. Please write in the memo line “antenna installation.”  We will be able to operate at full power on 90.5 FM once the antenna is installed. Our signal will greatly improve on 89.3 FM as well.

    From all of us at Missionary Radio, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    In Christ,

    Ken Cummins

    General Manager

    Psalm 37:4